Thursday . July 18 . 2019
         
 
Share |
Sunway Lagoon casts net for more MICE
S Puvaneswary, Kuala Lumpur, February 18, 2013
 

POPULAR leisure attraction Sunway Lagoon Theme Park in Petaling Jaya is on a drive to attract more meetings, incentives and events by going direct to corporate clients.

 

Its renewed push to increase awareness includes reaching out to corporate clients via specialist magazines, social media platforms such as Facebook and its own upgraded website, which will feature a special meetings, incentives and events page when completed in the second quarter.

 

The park’s corporate clients come mainly from Kuala Lumpur, and Singapore is its biggest overseas market. This year, Sunway Lagoon aims to bag more Singapore MICE through sales calls and participation at ITB Asia for the first time.

 

Bill Holman, consultant/director at Sunway Lagoon Theme Park, revealed that MICE currently makes up about 10 per cent of the park’s business, while leisure tourists account for the remaining 90 per cent.

 

He said Sunway Lagoon has been moving towards MICE to maximise its assets.

 

“It is the direction all theme parks are going in. We also have two hotels in the vicinity, which makes it easier to promote (Sunway Lagoon) to corporate clients,” he said, referring to the 441-room Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa and 534-room Sunway Pyramid Hotel.

 

The park plans to expand its offerings with a new water park and dry park built on the 3.4 hectares of land between the amphitheatre and Extreme Park, scheduled for completion by end-2014.

 

The new attractions will increase the number of rides and attractions from 80 to 100, said Holman, who added that there were plans to bring in an international brand.

 

 
Print Top Stories
 
RATE THIS ARTICLE
Poor 1 2 3 4 5 Good
 
COMMENTS
No comment for this article.
 
  POST YOUR COMMENT  
       
  Name:  
Email Address:
Location:
  Comment:  
  Enter the code shown: